Intoxication is not an excuse for anything. People, even intoxicated, only behave within the capacity of who they really are. If anything intoxication just amplifies peoples more negative traits, but traits they have nonetheless. There are many people who do get drunk and don't rape anybody, why? Because it's not in their nature.
I don't think it is just or right for any court to ever place a gag order on a victim of such a crime that violates anthers person (body). I think anything the public learns from the victim is just consequence for the offender. Moreover, I would charged the parents of minor offenders with negligence. Being young is no excuse for being a bad person, nor is being drunk.
Many young men are taught that not only life is for the taking, but women's lives are for their taking too. Boys live thinking that it's their place to do whatever they want, and it's simply not true. There is this mentality that if you want it, take it. Because life is to short for social order, civil duty, or even just being a decent person. They are taught to find social chaos attractive because it lets them do whatever they want regardless of the consequence to others or themselves. Moreover this kind of gag order crap is a result of a society that is building toward this idea that you can do whatever, and avoid the consequence. Offender controlled consequence is just cosmically incorrect.
It is a just consequence that the victim "outs" her attackers. And I feel no remorse for thinking that because I know it is just and right.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I'm all for free speech. Just be sure you're actually saying something with it, and be decent.